Students will be regarded as tardy if they are not in their assigned classroom prior to the tardy bell ringing. If a student is determined to be tardy by their assigned teacher they will be directed to immediately report to the attendance office. The student’s tardy will be recorded and they receive a pass to class. Any student 15 minutes or more tardy will be marked “Very Late” (Y) in PowerSchool. All teachers will use the guidelines of the school-wide tardy policy. Tardy totals begin new each semester.
The school-wide tardy policy is as follows:
- 1st Tardy: Warning issued
- 2nd Tardy: Warning issued
- 3rd thru 9th Tardy: Student is given a detention form and assigned a 30 minute detention. Parents will be notified. The time can be served at lunch or after school in the Intervention Room. Students have 5 school days from the date assigned to complete their time. If a student does not serve the assigned time during the 5 days they will owe 60 minutes.
- 10th Tardy: Student will be assigned to the Intervention Room to serve 1 day of In School Suspension. The Intervention Room instructor will obtain academic work and provide intervention for the ongoing issue. The student will enter into a contract that states that each additional tardy may result in a loss of privileges at NHS.
- 11th Tardy: Meeting with parents and student will be scheduled.
- 12th plus Tardy: Consequences from steps 3-9 with twice the amount of detention time to be served.